Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voting Blunder

This is a letter I just sent to the news staff and Channel 4

To whom it may concern: I wanted to write to you to tell you what happened as I voted today. I was not privileged - or cursed by the sounds of some reports - to have a voting machine and I voted the old fashioned way with a pen and some ovals. I finished filling out my ballot and submitted into the feeder and I left, proud of myself for having voted today. As I was driving down a local street however I passed a sign that said "vote no on 2" and it hit me, the proposals were not on the ballot. I thought, how could this be? I turned around and returned to my polling center and was told that the proposals were on the ballot, they are on the back. Unfortunately, nobody told me there was a back and it turns out most of the people at my polling site did not vote on the proposals because nobody was aware there was a back side. Perhaps it is my own error for not checking, but seeing as this is only the second time I have ever had a chance to vote, it would have been nice if one of the staff members would remind people about the back. I thought perhaps you would find this an interesting news story because seeing as most of the people at our site did not vote the proposals, who knows how may others did not vote them as well. In addition, I realize I should have asked where they were right away but in all the other confusion and commotion that was going on at my site, I guess they slipped my mind for the moment. When I did inform the people after of the error, they simply told me there was nothing at all that they could do and they sent me on my way. Whether this makes the air or not, I thought it was something worth telling the media world. Thank you for your time.

Remeber guys, if you haven't voted yet, CHECK THE BACK!!!

3 comments:

Just Shu said...

You're like an old person in Florida..voting isn't rocket science

Anonymous said...

This coming from the person who didn't vote...tsk tsk tsk. I'm still in shock.

IngeIsMyTiger said...

LOL, who didn't vote? You know you can't complain if you do not vote.