Friday, December 02, 2005

Lions vs. Vikings

Hey all. It has been a few days since I have been able to post. It has been a crazy week. My father called me late last night and asked me if I was available to go with him to the Lions game this sunday. As many of you know, my father has season tickets to the Lions and I have been going to the games since I was alittle kid.

After some thought and consideration, I decided I would go with him to the game. I decided this based on a few different reasons. First of all, I don't get to spend a lot of quality time with my father and the games are a chance for us to go out and have a great time together by ourselves. I know it sounds sappy, but it is true, and we do have a lot of fun. Second, I was thinking about the all the changes the Lions have made this week, and how great it would be to see these changes up close and personal. I mean, who knows, the Lions may never lose again, and I want to be there for the the first victory if this record breaking streak.

The third reason, however, was the one that really put me over the peak. Earlier this season, around Sukkos time, my father and I, and my two siblings, all went to a Lions game together. It was week 6 - we lost to Carolina in a heartbreaker 21-20. The Friday before the game, my brothers and I all went out to buy jerseys. We bought one for my father as well. Now who do you think my father and I both got, Dre Bly. So it should all be coming together now. I want to be able to where my jersey one more time while Dre is still on the team. After all the comments that were made this week and all that is going on, I am thinking I may have made a very poor investment. Either way, I will still where the jersey proud, as I still do my McCarty jersey when rooting for the Red Wings.

With all this being said, I guess I somewhat look forward to ruining a perfectly good Sunday downtown at Ford Field. May your teams all win wherever you are from, except Minnesota. Peace for now.

Dan

1 comment: